We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our website, booking form or enquiry form, we can assure you that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
User anonymity and personal information
Except as detailed below, Portpatrick Holiday Cottage (Kirklauchline Cottage) does not capture personal information.
Log files record all requests for files on this website’s servers. These include all the content which makes up the pages of the website. The log files do not capture or contain any personal information.
Our website may contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. We do not accept any responsibility for the privacy and other practices of those third party websites – your use of those websites is at your own risk.
Personal information we collect
We look after and use any personal information in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR 2018.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services for holidays and short breaks at Kirklauchline Cottage.
We also collect information to understand how visitors use our website and to present timely and relevant information to them.
We may collect the following information via our booking form and enquiry form:
- The name and home address of the lead member of the group.
- The names of all other members in the party.
- The ages of children.
- The email address of the lead member of the group.
- The work, home and mobile phone number of the lead member of the group.
- We will ask permission to be added to our email/newsletter mailing list via a tick box. If you do not tick this box we will only contact you with regards to arrangements for your holiday and we will not contact you for any other marketing purposes.
We may collect the following information via Website Analytics:
- The date and time of your visit to our website.
- The pages, files, documents and links that you visit on our website.
- Details of the referring website from which you linked to our site (i.e. the previous site you visited before you came to us)
How we use your information
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and, in particular, for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address you have provided by ticking the box on our booking form.
How and when will I be contacted?
You will only be contacted using the information you have provided to us, and for the purpose it was provided.
If you have contacted us using an enquiry form, we will only contact you to provide the information you requested. We will not use your contact details for newsletter or marketing purposes unless these were stated on the form.
In accordance with data protection laws, we ensure your information is secure. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have suitable physical, electronic and management procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Portpatrick Holiday Cottage (Kirklauchline Cottage) uses website analytics to gather and analyse information about our visitors. We do this is to improve our website to better meet the needs of our visitors. The analytics do not, in themselves, identify any individual person or personal details. We use this information to understand:
- How you found our website (e.g. from search results, a hyperlink, directly typed URL)
- Which page you arrived on, your ‘path’ through the website, and the page you left from
- What device and browser you were using (e.g. iPad, Safari, iOS)
- Your location (though this is actually the location of your ISP or one of their datacentres)
- Search terms used to find our website
- The popularity of our pages
- Any files which were downloaded
The data is also anonymised and aggregated by the analytics providers to study country and global trends.
By continuing to browse and visit this website, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time using the setting in your browser.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be saved in your browser. If your browser settings allow, the file is added. Cookies can help the website analytics record which pages you visit, remember your preferences, aid navigation though a website if you are logged in, or remember what you have in your shopping basket.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Changes to this Policy
Portpatrick Holiday Cottage (Kirklauchline Cottage) may change this policy periodically by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.